Sunday, August 16, 2015

Small Apple Tarts

 

Whew, I got a lot of backlog to catch up on on this blog! For the past two months, I was on a trip to China. The internet there is fairly restricted, and all Google-related sites -- Blogger included -- were out of my reach. Therefore, everything I baked had to stay on my camera or laptop for later blogging.

June 6th, 2015

A couple of days after my arrival in China, my aunt who lives there told me to eat the four apples that were in the fruit basket. Not really wanting to eat them plain, and itching to attempt my very first baking in such a hot climate, I settled with small apple tarts.

I could not easily find the material I needed, so I settled with making a shortcrust dough and cutting it into circles with the edge of a rice bowl. Then I was going to just lay the apple slices on top in a spirally pattern, until I realized that the last apple was more than half bad already. I had to improvise.



Therefore I laid the whole slices with the wider curve facing out, then shredded the remaining apple into small strands, which I dumped somewhat randomly in the middle.

General apple tart tutorial can be found at this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment