Saturday, October 17, 2015

Birthday Peach Cake and Apple Tart


On the first weekend of October, I went home from the university in order to have a late celebration for my mom's birthday. She intended it to be more of a day during which to get together with members of the family and just have fun together, but I had more of a birthday in mind. So when she suggested just buying some pie or something from a shop, I rejected the idea.


I wanted to try making a layered cake, so I tested out a recipe for a vegan sponge, but I am not 100% satisfied with it. I will try to play around with it some more before posting it. I made a double batch, which I cut in half. Then I decided I wanted a third layer, so I baked another single batch to put on top.


I layered the cake with whipped cream to which I added vanilla sugar, and with slices of canned peaches. I then covered the top and sides with more whipped cream and peaches! I had originally planned to make more decorations over the top, but ran out of time.


This cake was accompanied by my mom's favorite dessert: apple tart. I opted for several smaller roses in the middle instead of the usual huge one surrounded by apple slices.


Apple tarts tend to be well received, since they are so simple and fruity. Tutorial here~


No comments:

Post a Comment