Saturday, November 21, 2015

Vegan Banana Crêpes


After making the banana brownie, I still had 2 bananas left. I still wasn't up for banana bread, so I thought I would try making vegan crêpes with them. I found a recipe online, and thought I would give it a try. The weekend arriving was a perfect opportunity.


For a Saturday brunch, I whipped up this recipe of banana crêpes, and we enjoyed it with some leftover dulce de leche one of my cousins had given me. Then for more a more savory version, my cousin L shaved some cheese off a block we have, and rolled it in.


RECIPE
  Ingredients (makes about 12)
  • 250 g flour
  • 2 bananas
  • 500 mL non-dairy milk (I used hazelnut milk)
  • pinch of salt
  • pinch of baking powder
  • small spoon of sugar (optional)
  Procedure
  1. In a blender, blend sliced bananas and 100 mL milk.
  2. Mix to the rest of the milk.
  3. In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
  4. Slowly mix in the milk/banana mix, taking care to avoid making lumps.
  5. If too thick (which it was in my case), add more milk until it reaches desired consistency
  6. Cook a ladle-full or two at a time in an oiled pan on medium-high heat, flipping to cook both sides.
  7. Enjoy with topping of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment