Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Apple and Pear Crumble


Too many apples, too many pears. Not much time to make a much more elaborate dessert, so it was time to whip up some crumble. Instead of making a large dish this time, however, I made 3 large individual serves.


First, I diced apples (yellow) and pears (green) separately, mixed with some lime juice and zest, and a small amount of sugar. Then I filled each dish halfway with apples, and filled the remaining half with pear. This made for a very nice difference in color before adding the crumble mix.


Then I covered the whole dish with a crumble mix (flour, brown sugar, butter) in which I had mixed some oats for extra fiber and fun. I then decided to make a difference between the apple and pear side, so more oats were sprinkled over the pear half, and chia seeds over the apple half.

Each dish was then baked for about 20 to 30 mins at 130˚C to crisp the topping, and make the fruits tender. These dishes were quite large for individual serves.

Apple crumble recipe over here~

No comments:

Post a Comment