Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Italian

A pasta salad I made because I went on a trip where there wasn't much vegetarian food available, so I brought my own. Simply penne pasta, eggplants, fresh spinach, feta cheese, with a side of tomatoes and kidney beans. The dressing is homemade, with mustard, salt, sugar, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.



Then today, my aunt made homemade pizza ^^





The trick for the aromatic oil (much like those found in restaurants). The first time I made the oil, it wasn't very spicy. Actually it barely was. So this time around, I took a certain amount of oil, and crushed dried chillies into it. I also added some dried-up rosemary, but it wasn't very fragrant. Covered it and left it to marinate for over a week, then strained the oil into the bottle. So this oil was spicy, but not too much.

I also recommend keeping a branch of rosemary whole, and stuffing it into the bottle for decorative purposes. Mine isn't very pretty, because the only rosemary I had was half-dead and dried up. But it still serves its purpose.



No comments:

Post a Comment