Monday, September 17, 2012

Celery casserole

Sept 16, 2012


Original recipe
The recipe below is my own tweaking. I didn't have time to measure everything out, and I didn't have all the ingredients. Also, my cousin and I aren't too fond of bell pepper, nor do we eat spicy food. I just had quite a bit of celery left (for 2 people) and I needed to make something or it would've gone bad.

Ingredients (2 servings):
- 4 branches celery
- 1 carrot
- 2 mushrooms (more would've tasted better ^^")
- cooking cream
- shredded cheese
- butter
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt/sugar to taste
- olive oil

1. Cut celery in thin slices. Dice the carrot.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan. Lightly sauté the carrots. Once near tender, add in celery until soft.
3. Add cream, then diced mushrooms. Add cheese and stir until melted.
4. Pour into pan/baking dish.
5. Soften some butter (I had about a tsp size lump), and mix with the breadcrumbs. Spread over the casserole filling.
6. Bake at 175°C for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.

I didn't have much expectations for this dish, but it turned out pretty good, nice and creamy. I most likely will do it again, though with different vegetables.

Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment