Sunday, October 28, 2012

Apple Cupcakes


Apple cupcakes. I made them because I wanted to give fruity cupcakes to this elderly lady, but didn't want to make them too sweet. Hense the tweaking of the original recipes.

I got the recipe off a All About Cupcakes, though I had to tweak the recipe a bit. I don't recommend following my recipe, because the cake itself wasn't as fluffy as it should've been.

Anyways, I followed the website's recipe, except I put about 1/2-3/4 cup of milk instead, and only 1/4 cup sugar.


Frosting. This time was not a buttercream frosting. I found the recipe on Tasty Kitchen.

I did a half batch (and still had a bit too much for my 12 cupcakes), and again, I only incorperated a little sugar at the time. I was delicious.

With the leftover frosting and the 2/3 of the apple I had left after decorating, I stewed the apples, topped them with the lightly sweet frosting, and ate it as a creamy apple dessert. That was super delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment