Sunday, May 11, 2014

Homemade Pizza


Last weekend, I had some Greek yogurt leftover, and had been itching to try this very easy pizza dough recipe. So I got to work with some flour, baking powder, and yogurt. After the dough was ready, I sliced some vegetables (zucchini, eggplant, bell pepper, mushroom, tomato, mozzarella), then got to work.



First, I spread the dough. Not having a rolling pin (and my friend wasn't home, so I couldn't borrow hers, I just stretched it with my hands.


Then, I spread on some tomato sauce (equal parts tomato paste and water, then seasoned with Provencal herbs, salt, and sugar).


Add topping.


And bake until golden, approximately 20 minutes (to make sure the dough cooks). The middle was a bit soft and soggy though, so there's room for improvement.

2-INGREDIENT PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE
  Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
  • 1 cup Greek yogurt
  Procedure
  1. Add ingredients together.
  2. Mix and knead until it comes together, dusting more flour as needed.
  3. Top and bake until golden.
  Tips

  • If you, like me, don't have self-rising flour, you can sub each cup with 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 1/3 tsp baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
  • To make sure it's not soggy in the middle, and that it cooks through, bake the dough alone in the oven a little before topping it and baking some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment