Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mini Calzone


Yesterday, my cousin and I had some friends over for dinner. To make it easy, we decided to make mini-pizzas (using the same recipe as last week's). Some changes were made: the pizzas were smaller, and we pre-cooked the dough a little. I made a double batch of dough, thinking we'd eat more, seeing how there were 4 of us. Instead, we ended up with roughly half of the dough as leftover.

While we used up most of the leftover dough on more mini-pizzas for lunch today, I thought it would be interesting to try to make one mini-calzone, just for fun.

I stretched one of the little balls of dough into an oval, then piled on ingredients: some cream cheese (ricotta being saved for something else for next week), followed by leftover tomato pizza sauce, then some defrosted frozen spinach, on top of which I added a few chunks of cream cheese so it would melt into the spinach.

Then I folded the dough over, and closed it, crimping the edges. Cut a few holes over the top to let steam escape, then brushed some olive oil on top.


Once baked at 140°C for some time (and raising the heat a bit to brown the top), it looked a bit disheveled due to some unforeseen leakage at some parts of the edge that wasn't closed well enough.


We nevertheless enjoyed it~

No comments:

Post a Comment