Friday, September 12, 2014

Mexican-style Stuffed Bell Peppers


For a Mexican-themed hallway dinner, I was at lost as to what to make. Of course, I considered burrito... but I had a few bell peppers that needed finishing in my fridge.


A quick Google search led me to this recipe for stuffed bell peppers. I filled mine with half white and half brown rice, black beans, corn, and tomato sauce, all mixed and topped with cheese. Instead of boiling the peppers, I pan-fried them a bit before sticking them in the oven to cook some more while the filling cooked. I also halved each bell pepper (I had 3 red, one green, and one yellow pepper) since a whole pepper per person would have been too filling for a bring-and-share dinner.

It was delicious coupled with some quark~

No comments:

Post a Comment