Thursday, September 11, 2014

White Choc Chip Cookies with Lemon


These cookies were baked on August 18th, 2014. I brought them on my second to last day at the Dutch summer course I was taking. Since I left about a week early due to university schedule clashing, I thought I would treat my teacher and classmates. We were together for a short time -- merely 3 weeks -- but I felt that we bonded a lot more than I would've ever expected.

The labels are hand-made. I got the translation of "White Chocolate Chip Cookies with brown sugar and lemon" from what I learned and Google Translate (so forgive any mistakes ^^).


I admit I probably am getting into the habit of bringing baked goods whenever I'm somewhere, or need to say "bye" to someone.


I baked these cookies with some lemon in them because I usually curb the sweetness with some walnuts, but since I didn't have any, I cut down on the sugar and added the tartness and fragrance of lemon.

I just realized that I have never posted the recipe I usually use for making chocolate chip cookies, despite having made them quite a few times. Well this one's a tweak on the recipe, but I guess it'll have to serve for now. I'll post the original recipe properly the next time I make choc chip cookies.

RECIPE
  Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup golden sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • zest 1 lemon
  • 2 tsp Orgran egg replacer
  • 4 tbs water
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp hot water
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  Procedure
  1. Preheat oven 175°C.
  2. Cream butter and all sugar until smooth. Add in lemon juice and zest.
  3. Mix the egg replacer and the 4 tbs water (proportions ~2 eggs) and beat them into the mixture.
  4. Dissolve baking soda into the hot water before adding.
  5. Stir in flour and chocolate chips.
  6. Put on baking sheet by large spoonfuls.
  7. Bake for 10-15 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment