Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Bread Pudding Topped with Caramelized Pears


For a last dinner among friends before the fall break, I opted for a dessert that not only reminds you of fall, but also used up the pears sitting in my fruits basket.


I adapted the recipe from Delish, but instead of making the pudding myself, I used a pudding packet from the supermarket. The procedure itself was fairly simple.


First, I cut some dried bread into cubes, and made the pudding according to the instructions in the packet. I mixed bread, pudding, some raisins, and cinnamon and nutmeg together and let that rest in a mixing bowl a bit.


Then I caramelized the pears (a task made difficult by the overly soft pears), then laid them out at the bottom of a large springform pan. I poured in the bread pudding mix, and baked the whole thing for 45 minutes. After that, I flipped it onto a plate, so that the caramelized pears were on top~

It was a little sweet out of the oven, but after a night sitting out on the counter, it was perfectly fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment