Thursday, April 16, 2015

Eggless Flan


I have long been looking for a good, eggless flan recipe. I, of course, steered away from recipes using gelatin, but also avoided those using agar-agar, just because I have a very limited stock of agar powder, which I am thinking of using to make some jello at some point in time.


I started small, using about half of the recipe. I personally felt that it wasn't as smooth on the tongue as expected when eaten the same day as it was steamed. I made 2 larger ones, and 1 small one. My cousin and I eat ate a large and small one respectively, and I left the last large one to nap in the fridge overnight.


It did set and hold together, however, so that is something to be happy about! The cutting went very smoothly (since I cut a piece out so that I could take a picture of the inside). The yogurt flavor is fairly strong, however.


The last one that I left in the fridge overnight was much better, in my opinion. I cut it in half and served each half with some fresh apple slices, along with some pieces, as about 1/4 apple fit on top of the flan half itself.


It seemed the cold or something helped smoothen the texture. Or it was in comparison to the crunchy apples. Anyways, this recipe is something I would like to test some more before really posting, so this time, I'll just give a link.



Recipe: madhurasrecipe.com

No comments:

Post a Comment