Sunday, September 13, 2015

Homemade Pizza


August 1, 2015

This was my last day in China. My cousin's and my flights were scheduled for late in the evening, so I had time to try a couple more recipes. I had been getting a bit discouraged by the heat's effects on some of my recipes (I will not even blog about the completely failed puff pastry I attempted), but I thought I might as well give it a bit more of a try.


So I decided to try making this pizza recipe that a family friend had sent me a while ago. It's not one where the dough can be spread very thinly, but it was good! The only thing is that I would finish the cooking in a pan to crisp the bottom of the crust some more. This was topped with tomato sauce, olives, mushrooms, tomatoes, and grated mozzarella cheese.

PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE
  Ingredients
  • 250 g flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp yeast
  • 3 tbs olive oil
  • 200 mL cold water
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  Procedure
  1. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, salt, and yeast.
  2. Add olive oil, water, and sugar, and mix with a fork.
  3. If necessary, add flour or water depending on texture.
  4. Knead dough for at least 5 mins.
  5. Make a ball and put in an oiled bowl. Brush the top with some more oil.
  6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
  7. Take the dough out at least 2 hours before use. Knead a few seconds
  8. Make a ball again, put on an oiled and floured baking sheet, and spread by hand.
  9. Top with topping of choice.
  10. Bake 20 mins in an oven preheated at 220°C.
  11. Crisp the bottom in a pan heated on the stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment