Sunday, September 13, 2015

Reunion Cheesecake


August 8, 2015

A week after my return from China and Hong Kong, I had a reunion with other alumni from my High School. Because we are spread all over the place, we had a mini European reunion for those of us based in Europe (and who could make it on that date).


We had a great barbecue, with skewers, corn, potatoes, salad, and more. Someone the week before had told me they missed the cheesecake our dorm mother used to make. Since I was hosting the event this time, and also since my recipe came from our dorm mom's recipe, I thought I would make cheesecake for our reunion dessert.


I made a shortcrust pastry for the crust, and the filling is lime flavored. Due to not having enough Greek yogurt, I thought I would try baking it a little less time, to keep the cake from being too dried. Apparently, it was a good choice, since my cousin who has eaten many of my cheesecakes said this was one of the best.


I topped it with a berry sauce made from blended frozen berries that I had let thaw, then reduced with some sugar to cut through the acidity. When I brought it out to the table (under the sunny sky), some others decided we should write DVA (the initials of our alumni association) on it. It wasn't very visible just carved out with a skewer, so I used some leftover almond powder I had to go over the letters.


No comments:

Post a Comment