Sunday, December 6, 2015

Lime Glazed Cranberry Shortbread Cookies


Remember these cranberry shortbread cookies I made last summer? Well I made them again, this time for a friend's birthday gift. I wasn't really up for rolling out the dough, however, so the dough was rolled into a log, then refrigerated. I then sliced the log into fairly irregular (I don't have much experience in cooking log cutting) slices, then baked them. Since I only made half a batch, my log was short enough that I could wrap it in cling film, and tie one end to the rack in the fridge, so that the surfaces didn't leave any flat side to my log.


Just like for the oatmeal cookies, I soaked the dried up cranberries in a bit of hot water before chopping them and throwing them into the mix. Instead of leaving them plain, I made a quick glaze with some icing sugar and lime juice, which I spread on half of the top surface of each cookie. The recipe for this glaze was from Cakecrumbs. The cookie recipe can be found in the link above.


LIME GLAZE
  Ingredients
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 1 tbs lime juice
  Procedure
  1. Mix together sugar and lime into a paste in a heat-proof bowl.
  2. Set the bowl into a pot of simmering water and heat until mix is runny.
  3. Glaze cookies, and let dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment