Monday, April 15, 2013

Cooking spamming~

I've been cooking and baking a lot of late, but never got a chance to post it all up. So this post will be a spam of all I've done lately (dates included)!

March 30, 2013
Chocolate chips and walnut cookie~ Some of the cookies were without chocolate by request. I made a good 100 of them, so that I could share them with a lot of people.











April 1, 2013
Pasta salad~ Macaroni mixed with an avocado-yogurt sauce, topped with minced endives, tomatoes, kidney beans, feta cheese, walnuts, and rucola.


April 2, 2013
Veggie patty~ Made with broccoli, corn, tofu, and a flour-water mix to hold it all together. Coated in breadcrumbs before frying.


April 3, 2013
Apple tart



April 4, 2013
Plateful of snacks... Blood orange, apple, and banana, along with some walnuts and almonds, and some toasted spelt bread with cream cheese.


Had some tortilla wraps for dinner. I made two very frequently eaten dishes in our house: sautéed crumbled tofu and oven-baked zucchini. Put them out with some shredded iceberg lettuce, a can of corn, and a variety of sauces (mayonnaise, honey mustard, and ketchup), and everyone could make their tortilla wraps as they chose to.


Oven-baked zucchini:
Dice or slice your zucchini. Toss with a spoonful of olive oil or oil of choice. If desired, add some Italian seasoning. Bake until desired texture.

Crumbled tofu:
Crumble the tofu in your hands, then drop onto a frying pan with a bit of hot oil. Sauté until colored and dryer. Add some salt or any other seasoning of choice.

April 12, 2013
Cheesecake time! This time, I tried my best to take some progress pictures, but -- as you will be able to tell -- I couldn't snap a shot of each step.

Tiramisu cheesecake
1. Take speculoos cookies, put them in a bag, and crush the bag with a rolling pin until the cookies are crumbs. Add melted butter.

2. Mix until all the crumbs are wet.

3. Press into bottom of a pan covered with a baking sheet. If necessary, use the flat bottom of a glass to help.

4. Next, mix your cheesecake ingredients together. (I would say about 375 g sour cream for 600 g cream chesse)
I flavored this cheesecake with some decaf and a lot of sugar. Also added small pieces of speculoos throughout.

5. Bake.

I used the leftover sour cream as a sweet sour cream topping. Result:

6. Decorate. I have a new decorating syringe, so I tried it out with some whipped cream, and put powdered cocoa on it all.


I made another cheesecake, this one with an almond cookie crust and a vanilla flavor. Topped with whipped cream, caramelized cookie crumbs, sliced almonds, and strawberries.


 And with candles, because it was my birthday cheesecake =D


No comments:

Post a Comment