Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Homemade Ciabatta

I made ciabatta twice so far. The first, I split the dough into two loaves, and sprinkled them with some herbs. They weren't very well  baked, but after a re-bake the next day, the crust was delicious.






This second time, I made a single loaf. I can't say the inside is as I wished (it's more of a cake-like texture), but the crust is good =D. I also added a tablespoon of olive oil in the dough because I read that it would improve the breadcrumb's texture... I am not sure if it was enough...



Recipe:
Ingredients:
- 500 g (4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/4 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp salt

Tip: Water shouldn't be too hot. If it feels about the same temperature as your body, or comfortable on your wrist, it's fine.
1. In a bowl, mix water and yeast.
2. Add flour and salt. Mix well.
3. Cover and let rise for 8-12 hours. It will double in size.
4. Put a baking sheet on a pan, and add flour to it.
5. Carefully drop dough onto pan, and roughly give it a slipper shape.
6. Bake at 200°C with a pan of water underneath for steam. I baked for about 30 mins, but bake until the top looks browned.

Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment