Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mug cake

I've been seeing a lot of recipes online for mug cakes, but most of them contained an egg. Then, I came across a couple of blogs (Made from Scratch and Novice Chef) where it was mentioned that it doesn't make sense to put a whole egg into a mug cake when a whole egg is enough for a whole tray of cupcakes. Yay for me, since I didn't want to use egg in the first place.


This picture is from my very first try. I've made it a couple of times afterwards, but they all look the same anyways.

I've tried changing it by using 2 tsp of matcha instead of cocoa powder, but the flavor didn't come out much, so it will be to try for another time.

Mug cake
Ingredients:
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs milk
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs peanut butter or any such substance (others have used nutella. I used speculoos spread)

1. Mix the dry ingredients thoroughly with a fork, in a mug (make sure the mug is microwaveable).
2. Add the wet ingredients, and mix well, making sure to leave no dry pockets of flour.
3. Drop in the peanut butter (or whichever you're using) and push gently to submerge it in the batter.
4. Microwave for about 1 minute on high (you'll have to test with your microwave...)
5. Enjoy~ (also delicious with a scoop of ice cream)

No comments:

Post a Comment