Saturday, February 22, 2014

Lemon-Blackcurrant Cheesecake and Spéculoos

Ever since I moved into my college dorm, I haven't been able to do much baking or anything due to a lack of an oven... And even though I do cook regularly to feed myself, it's never special enough to take pictures of and post (unless you want a bunch of pictures of steamed broccoli, soy sauce, and white rice).

Well, I did make some minestrone and some spaghetti, so it's not 100% bland boring stuff.

But today, some of my friends and I gathered together for a dinner together, and I decided I would provide dessert. I made a no-bake cheesecake and some small spéculoos in a friend's toaster oven.

The cheesecake is made of yogurt, cream cheese, sugar, half a lemon's juice, and a whole lemon's zest. It's topped with blackcurrant jam, and served with a cookie.


Recipe (makes 4 of the size in the picture)
Ingredients:
- 1 tub (185 g) Philadelphia cream cheese
- 8 tbs plain whole yogurt (don't take the "light" versions, it won't set well)
- sugar, to taste
- zest of a lemon
- juice of half a lemon

1. Whisk cream cheese and yogurt together in a bowl.
2. Add lemon juice and zest. Add sugar to taste.
3. Pour into glasses or other recipients. Top with blackcurrant jam (you can dilute it a little with warm water if it's too thick).
4. Refrigerate at least 4 to 5 hours, though the longer the better.
Note: may not set very well, but still tasty nevertheless.

RECIPE (makes 4 servings)
  Ingredients
  • 1 tub (185 g) Philadelphia cream cheese
  • 8 tbs plain whole yogurt
  • sugar, to taste
  • zest of a lemon
  • juice of half a lemon
  Procedure
  1. Whisk cream cheese and yogurt together in a bowl.
  2. Add lemon juice and zest. Add sugar to taste.
  3. Pour into glasses or other recipients. Top with blackcurrant jam (you can dilute it a little with warm water if it's too thick).
  4. Refrigerate at least 4 to 5 hours, preferably overnight.
  Notes
  • The cheesecake may not set that well, but still taste great.

No comments:

Post a Comment