Thursday, February 27, 2014

Leftover curry?

Since I cooked that huge pot of curry for Monday night, I've been having leftover curry with rice, or with naan for the past few days (from Tuesday lunch until Wednesday lunch). I was kind of getting tired of eating curry the same way over and over again.

I made it into a curry noodle soup. Just watered down the curry, adjusted the seasoning. Cook up some noodles, and you have a nice winter dinner that warms you up to the core!

My curry being mainly potato based, another way would have been to make samosas with it. If I wasn't at a college dorm right now, I would have, but deep frying is too troublesome (especially with a too-sensitive smoke detector). Simply cut your potatoes smaller (or mash them), maybe throw in some diced tomatoes for freshness. Wrap spoonfuls of curry into spring roll skins, fold them, freeze them. Deep fry when you want to eat it (you could also add some fresh mint or cilantro).

Being in college, if I ever cook too much of anything, there's always a need to be more imaginative with leftovers (I easily get sick of eating the same stuff over and over again). I'll keep posting them here.

What about you? Do you have other ideas for leftover curry?

No comments:

Post a Comment