Saturday, March 1, 2014

Triple Dessert

Another friends' gathering dinner. I think it'll be a regular thing from now on on Saturday nights.

One of my friends made a 5-spice stew to eat with rice, which was delicious. Another friend provided some steamed vegetables. I opted for dessert, since that's what I enjoy making most.


I made three small desserts for each of us. First, I did something very simple, which was to make pudding out of a pudding packet (mix with sugar, add to hot soymilk, pour into containers, refrigerate). Next, I took a few kiwis that were getting very ripe. I cooked them up with some brown sugar and lime juice, and topped them with a crumble mix (mix of flour, butter, and sugar, pan-fried to create a crumbled cookie mixture). Last of all, I made a mug cake, with cinnamon and more brown sugar as flavoring.


You can tell it was originally a mug cake, but due to the depth of the mug, it was very hard to take good pictures. So I decided to take the cake out of the mug.



No comments:

Post a Comment