Friday, March 28, 2014

Egg-free Omurice


Unfortunately, the egg-free version doesn't look as pretty as this one. I made a real omurice (omelette + rice) for my cousin, who does eat eggs. It's stuffed with a fried rice that contains diced carrots, champignons, and fried tofu. The whole is flavored with ketchup, giving the rice a pretty red-orange color.

This is the egg-free version:

I experimented with an egg-free crepe recipe mixed with some curry powder to make my "omelette."  Since it was an experiment, I did not want to make too much. That's why I added more rice on the side, otherwise I would go hungry >_< . A few things to fix for next time:
  • Make more batter for a bigger crepe
  • Add some cornstarch to the mix for sturdiness
  • Adjust rice seasoning better
When I have it figured out, I'll post the recipe~

No comments:

Post a Comment