Friday, June 22, 2012

Fried rice

Note: Serving sizes may vary. I cook with what I have, for those who need food at the time.


I always felt that traditional Asian fried rice was too dry. In High School, I used to put some mild ketchup in it to eat it. Then I read Cooking Master Boy and I saw Mao putting tomato sauce on his fried rice. So I got inspired.



Recipe~ (4 servings)
Ingredients:
- 2 servings of cooked white rice
- 2 servings of cooked sarrasin
- 1 can peeled tomatoes
- 1 can pineapple rings (the cans I use have 4 rings in one can)
- 4 leaves basil
- 1 tofu
- 1 eggplant
- some ginger
- 2 potatoes

Procedure:
1. Dice the tofu, potatoes and the eggplants. Cook the eggplants until tender. Boil the potatoes, then mash them with a potato masher.
2. Crush the peeled tomatoes, then heat them up. Season it until it tastes good. I added, chopped in, 2 rings of pineapple. Then add in the mashed potatoes. Chop some ginger up and put it in as well.
3. Mix the rice, sarrasin, tofu, and eggplants together, and fry them in a wok. I used some olive oil for fragrance, and sunflower oil. Keep on stirring to keep it from sticking to the pot.
4. Plate the fried rice as an oval dome. Pour the sauce over half of that. Cut the remaining pineapple, and decorate the sauce part with it. Finally put a leaf of basil in the middle. Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment