Friday, June 22, 2012

Roasted chickpeas snack

Here's a snack I just tried. I got the recipe from SkinnyTaste that worked pretty well. Due to lack of material, as well as some religious reasons for avoiding onion and garlic, I adapted it for my own.


Flameshaft's Version of the Recipe~
Ingredients:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained.
- 1 tsp curry powder (special powder without garlic)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- some olive oil

Procedure:
1. Preheat oven at 190°C
2. Drain chickpeas and pat them dry with a paper towel.
3. Roast them in oven until crunchy (not soft) even inside. Every 10 min, shake the pan. (for some reason, mine would not roast at the same time, so I had to take some out each time)
4. In a bowl, mix the spices.
5. Put the chickpeas in a bowl, add a dash of olive oil, and shake it so the oil's spread evenly.
6. Add in the spices.
7. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy~

Note: mine needed a bit more salt. I suggest trying it out whatever way you want. You can add any spice you want, too~

No comments:

Post a Comment