Thursday, August 1, 2013

Egg-free chocolate cake

It's been a while since I last posted on this blog, but it was due to a huge lack of time. While I still occasionally baked and cooked, I hadn't gotten the chance to upload the pictures and recipes.

Instead of doing a huge post on everything, I'll go by item/dish/recipe. So there will be a lot of posts coming up today.

May 15, 2013


So one day, my aunt came over and brought a tablet of 70% dark chocolate for baking. I hadn't had many chances or motivations to bake chocolate cakes in the past (except for a failed fondant), but I thought I would give it another try, seeing how my aunt bought the chocolate just for that.

The cake has a weird-ish appearance due to the fact that I flipped it on a plate before flipping it again onto the serving plate. So it has the indented shape of the bottom of a plate.

I can't seem to recall where I got the recipe, but anyways, it was a recipe in French.

RECIPE
  Ingredients
  • 250 g chocolate
  • 150 g butter
  • 150 g flour
  • 100 g sugar
  • 150 mL (3/4 cup) milk
  Procedure
  1. Preheat oven 200°C.
  2. Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave.
  3. In a mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, and milk.
  4. Add the melted chocolate and butter.
  5. Pour into a prepared tin.
  6. Bake for 25 min.
  7. Turn off the oven and leave the cake inside for 5 more minutes.
  8. Remove, let cool, and sift powdered chocolate over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment