Thursday, August 22, 2013

Veggie-ful lunch~

I haven't had much time not chance to cook a lot these days... What with exams, and stress, I was lucky to have a cousin over to help cook for me while my parents are gone on vacation.

My cousin left last night, though, so I had to feed myself. I remembered there were a few endives in the fridge, so I originally planned to make a salad. Somehow, I felt it was too boring, so I thought I'd make something a little different.


Chicon bites! (chicon is the term used in Belgium for endives)

Basically, I took the endive leaves and cut them in half to make curved boat-like recipients, in which I spooned a bit of filling. The whole plate was made with just 1 endive, 1 tomato, a few pieces of tofu skin log (it's kind of like an alternative to meat... it has a slightly sweet and savory flavor).


I ate a late breakfast with another cousin, and she had leftover salad dressing. So I mixed that with the diced ingredients, chopped some Vietnamese perilla, and filled my endive leaves. I also made a few cuts in the heart of the endive and poured some dressing inside.

The dressing is made of grainy mustard, salt, sugar, pepper, olive oil, and some balsamic vinegar. I topped the whole thing with some more perilla.

I accompanied it all with a small amount of carrot matchsticks and a yogurt dip in which I mixed a bit of oregano, a hint of paprika, and a speck of cinnamon.


No comments:

Post a Comment