Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Eggless Brownies


I think #5 on my brother's dessert wishlist (briefly mentioned in my previous post) was brownies. I had never made brownies before, but hey, it was time to try! I came across this recipe that looked awesome, and I just happened to have leftover applesauce from making the apple tart.

Having anticipated that I would be baking at least some kind of chocolate dessert, I had made sure to buy chocolate when I went to buy the apples for the tart.


These smelled heavenly while baking and cooling. It was a little difficult to go to sleep after (it was approximately 12:30 am by the time I was done with baking and cleaning up). I baked them in my little silicone cupcake molds, as I did not have baking paper with which to line a pan. I made 2 little packages of 3 cup-brownies each to give to my brother and his traveling companion. Due to lack of time, however, I did not refrigerate them as required in the original recipe.


A recipe that I will definitely make again!

BROWNIES RECIPE
  Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 3 tbs (~28 g) butter
  • 1 1/2 up (~265 g) chocolate
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tbs hot water
  • vanilla
  Procedure
  1. In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  2. Melt chocolate and butter until chocolate appears partly melted. Mix until smooth.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, combine applesauce and sugar. Mix until sugar has dissolved.
  4. Mix in hot water and vanilla.
  5. Add chocolate mix, and mix well.
  6. Fold in dry ingredients with a spatula.
  7. Bake 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
  8. Refrigerate 1 hour before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment