Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mini Strawberry Cheesecake


I made this last week for a friend whose birthday was on Wednesday. I was only able to give it to her on Friday, however, as cheesecake needs to chill overnight. I kind of threw this together really quickly without really measuring the amounts of ingredients used.


I picked 3-4 of the ugliest strawberries from the punnets I'd gotten at the market the week before. These I mashed into a pulp before adding a 200 g tub of Philadelphia cream cheese and a bit of sugar. I also added about 2-3 tablespoons of quark instead of the usual sour cream/Greek yogurt.


As it was late, I did not want to have to dig out the egg replacer and have to mix it with water to add in. Therefore, I opted to leave it out. As the strawberry pulp had added some juice and thus liquid to the batter, I threw in half a teaspoon of cornstarch to make sure the cake held together.


After baking it a bit in the oven, I let it to cool to room temperature, then topped it with sliced strawberries, on top of which I sprinkled some more granulated, unrefined sugar. The whole thing was placed, unmolded, into the fridge overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment