Monday, April 14, 2014

Comfort Food

From what I can glean from the Internet, many typical American comfort foods include mac and cheese, spaghetti, and chicken soup...

If I were to pick, I think I would chose banh canh. It's a Vietnamese-style udon soup that I used to make with my godmother when I was little. We even made the noodles ourselves! Why would I chose this particular dish? I think thinking of having it for lunch when I was sick may be a strong factor. When sick, I usually long certain easy to make and warm meals of my childhood. With a package of instant udon, all I needed to do was make a soup (chop carrots, celery, broccoli, tofu, mushrooms, and a bit of ginger, cook in lightly salted water), add in udon, cook some more, then season. Nothing beats it when I feel down.


No comments:

Post a Comment