Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Apple Crumble Pie Bar


Three apples, sitting in a basket. Getting all wrinkled, and not so fit for eating raw. What to do when short on time? Well my quickest option was probably an apple crumble. But I wanted something a little more solid, so I opted for a kind of bar-version of this apple crumble.


All I did was make half of the crust/crumble mix recipe. I pressed half of that into a loaf pan, spooned in apple mix, and crumbled the rest of the crumble mix on top. After baking about 20 mins and letting it cool, I had something that was both tasty and easy to cut. I still have leftover apple mix (didn't really measure out the ingredients for that, and ended up with too much compared to the crust mix), so I'll have to think of something to do with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment