Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Tarte Flambée


One Sunday evening, both L and I were uninspired as to what to have for dinner. We could've stuck a frozen pizza in the oven, but we also had (raw) veggies and others still in the fridge. That's when L remembered a tarte flambée (also known as flammkuchen) that a friend had made and sent us pics of.

We decided to be inspired by that, but with what we had on hand. Instead of the traditional bread dough, I cut a large, rectangular puff pastry in half. Then I scored shallow lines about a centimeter in from the edge to form the crust with a knife, and pricked the inside section with a fork.


Instead of a crème fraiche base, I used Greek yogurt on which I sprinkled salt and pepper. Then I laid on thin slices of butternut squash (to quicken the cooking process, I cut them as thin as possible), and brushed leftover gratin dauphinois sauce mix on top. This sauce is essentially heavy cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, to taste. To finish off, I threw on some sliced mushroom.

The whole thing was baked at around 190˚C until the edges were golden, and the squash was cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment