Saturday, March 28, 2015

Coconut Shortbread Cookies


I believe I mentioned before that I got an awesome cookie stamping set along with a cookbook. The cookbook is full of shortbread cookies and cracker recipes.



I thought it was time for me to tackle one, with some of the ingredients I had on hand.


Due to having some shredded coconut left, I decided to make some coconut shortbread cookies! I personally thought they were kind of on the dry side, and not as good as some I've made in the past, but I liked experimenting. I used egg-replacer instead of the egg yolks in the recipe.






COCONUT SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE
  Ingredients
  • 2 tsp egg replacer
  • 2 tbs water
  • 100 g softened butter
  • 200 g flour
  • 70 g sugar
  • 50 g coconut powder
  • 1 pack vanilla sugar
  • 2 pinches of salt
  Procedure
  1. Mix sugar and flour. Add the coconut, vanilla sugar, and salt.
  2. Mix egg replacer and water. Add to the mix.
  3. Add in butter
  4. Let the dough rest 1 hour.
  5. Roll out the dough into a 5 mm thickness.
  6. Cut shapes out of the dough.
  7. Bake for 15 minutes at 190°C.

No comments:

Post a Comment