Saturday, March 28, 2015

Eggless Quiche


I got a new kitchen (with induction stove, microwave, and oven all included) installed in my to-be apartment at home! I really was looking forward to testing the oven!


I found a pastry dough in the freezer, and decided to tackle an egg-free version of quiche. Going with what vegetables were available, I quickly stir-fried some shredded carrots, celery, cauliflower, and frozen green peas. To that, I added some crushed tofu (about half a block).


To bind it together, I made a béchamel sauce which had Greek yogurt instead of milk or cream (for a healthier option, as well as for thickening purposes. I was really surprised when the quiche came out of the oven somewhat yellowed! I guess the browning from the oven, plus the color of the carrots kind of helped to bring out such a color. I am very happy with using tofu and béchamel to bind things together into a quiche, so I'll likely make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment