Monday, March 2, 2015

Peanut Butter Chips, White Chocolate Chip Brown Sugar Cookies


American-themed hallway dinner? Due to a lack of time and inspiration, I decided I would make cookies. Easy right? I've made so many choc-chip cookies before, it would be easy!

Wrong.

I went and weighted my remaining half block of butter, and found out that I had less than 150 grams of butter. The recipe I usually use requires around 340 grams. I did not really want to end up with only 6 cookies, so I went to look for an alternative.


This recipe was the one I used. Since it uses oil instead of butter, I could use it safely even with my butter shortage. Instead of putting all the sugar, however, I did not put the 1/2 cup of granulated sugar (as I used some white chocolate chips, which are plenty sweet already). I also added more flour as I felt the dough was too wet and would spread too much while baking. The last adjustment made was that I used white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips (Reeses ones that a cousin brought me from the US).

The cookies are pretty much vegan, except for possibly the white chocolate chips~


These cookies were well liked by my hallway mates during dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment